Does your dog suffer from tick and/or fleabites? Pet lovers across South Africa trust FRONTLINE for the long-lasting, effective control of flea and tick infestations. With regular monthly use, The FRONTLINE range will get rid of ticks, fleas, flea eggs and larvae. These waterproof products are fast acting and last 30 days.
FRONTLINE® Plus treats and prevents ticks and fleas on dogs from 2 months old. The two active ingrediens, Fipronil and (S)-methoprene combine to work together for the best results. Within a day FRONTLINE® Plus translocates (travels) all over your dog’s body. His/her oil glands slowly and steadily release the product onto the skin where the unwanted pests nestling there will make contact with it. The Fipronil then kills the fleas by attacking their nerve cells.
(S)-methoprene inhibits more egg production and larval development, putting a stop to the life cycle of the flea. The product not only deals with fleas, it can also protect your dog against most of the ticks causing disease. Use it monthly, and your pet will thank you for being pest free. For best results we recommend that you do not bathe or shampoo your dog for 3 days before treatment and neither for 3 days after application
To apply, simply follow these instructions–and repeat every 30 days:
- Remove Applicator: Lift and remove the plastic tab to expose foil backing. Then peel away the foil. Or use scissors to open
- Open Applicator: Hold upright with foil side toward you and snap applicator tip
- Apply FRONTLINE Plus: Part your dog’s hair between the shoulder blades. Place the applicator tip just above the skin and squeeze. Apply entire contents of the applicator in a single spot directly onto the animal’s skin. Do not apply on top of the haircoat. Avoid contact with treated area until dry
- Remove the dog’s collar
- Apply as a spot between your dog’s shoulder blades in 1 area that can’t be licked
- Avoid touching the wet application spot
- Wait 24 hours to allow solution to dry before bathing or letting your dog swim
- Give each of your dogs its own complete dose
Tick and Flea treatment